H3C UniServer R4900 G3 Server
- R4900 G3 Front View with Bazel
- R4900 G3 LFF
- R4900 G3 Rear View
- R4900 G3 SFF
Designed for the workloads of modern data centers
High expandability, high scalability, and high efficiency
With up to 24 NVMe SSDs and SATA M.2 SSDs, the new-generation R4900 G3 provides super expandability and configuration agility required by modern data centers.
As an indigenous mainstream dual-processor 2U rack server, the R4900 G3 adopts the most recent Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, which improves processing performance by 71% and increases the number of cores by 27%. The use of 2933MT/s DDR4 DIMMs improves data transfer rate by 50% and extraordinary expandability is provided through up to 10 PCIe 3.0 slots and a maximum of 31 drives. The R4900 G3 supports power supplies with 96% efficiency and an operation temperature range of 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F), creating high return on investment.
You can use the R4900 G3 to support the following services:
- Virtualization — Support multiple types of workloads on a single server to save space
- Big Data — Manage exponential growth of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data.
- Applications centered on storage — Remove I/O bottleneck and improve performance
- Data warehouse/analysis — Query data on demand to help service decision
- Customer relationship management (CRM) — Help you to gain comprehensive insights into business data to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) — Trust the R4900 G3 to help you manage services in real time
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) — Deploys remote desktop service to bring great office agility and enable telecommuting with any device anywhere anytime
- High-performance computing and deep learning — Provide 3 dual-slot wide GPU modules in a 2U footprint, meeting the requirements of machine learning and AI applications
The R4900 G3 supports Microsoft® Windows® and Linux operating systems, as well as VMware and H3C CAS and can operate perfectly in heterogeneous IT environments.
Excellent performance improves data center productivity
- Support the most up-to-date tech platforms and massive memory expansion
- Support high-performance GPU acceleration
Scalable configuration protects IT investment
- Flexible subsystem selection
- Modular design that allows phased investment
Comprehensive security protection
- Indigenous chip-level encryption
- Security bezel, chassis lock, and chassis intrusion monitoring
2 ×2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors (CLX&CLX-R)
(Up to 28 cores and maximum 205 W power consumption)
3.0 TB (maximum)
24 × DDR4 DIMMs
(Up to 2933 MT/s data transfer rate and support of both RDIMM and LRDIMM)
(Up to 12 Intel ® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory Module.(DCPMM)
Embedded RAID controller (SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10)
Standard PCIe HBA cards and storage controllers (Optional)
4 GB DDR4-2133MHz
Front 12LFF + rear 4LFF and 4SFF or front 25SFF + rear 2LFF and 4SFF(supports SAS/SATA HDD/SSD, front and inside NVMe drives, and up to 24 front NVMe drives)
480 GB SATA M.2 SSDs (Optional)
1 × onboard 1 Gbps management network port
1 × mLOM Ethernet adapter that provides 4 × 1GE copper ports or 2 × 10GE copper/fiber ports
1 × PCIe Ethernet adapters (Optional)
10 × PCIe 3.0 slots (eight standard slots, one for Mezzanine storage controller, and one for Ethernet adapter)
Front VGA connector (Optional)
Rear VGA connector and serial port
5 × USB 3.0 connectors (one at the front, two at the rear, and two in the server)
1 × USB 2.0 connector (Optional)
2 × MicroSD slots (Optional)
3 × dual-slot wide GPU modules or 8 × single-slot wide GPU modules
External optical drive
Only the 8SFF drive models support built-in optical drives
HDM (with dedicated management port) and H3C FIST
Support Chassis Intrusion Detection，TCM1.0/TPM2.0
Optional PCIe Protection module，Provide Firewall、IPS、Ant-virus and QoS features
Power supply and ventilation
Platinum 550W/800W/850W/1200W/1600W, Titanium, or 800W –48V/336V DC power supplies (1+1 redundancy)
Hot swappable fans (supports redundancy)
CCC, CECP, SEPA,CE,EAC,UL etc.
5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
The maximum operating temperature varies by server configuration.
Dimensions (H × W × D)
Without a security bezel: 87.5 × 445.4 × 748 mm (3.44 × 17.54 × 29.45 in)
With a security bezel: 87.5 × 445.4 × 769 mm (3.44 × 17.54 × 30.28 in)
Three years Next-business-day Onsite Support, 5×9
H3C Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI
Run virtualized applications on-premises
We are bringing our fully validated and optimized UniServer R4900 G3 into the Microsoft Azure Stack HCI solutions to handle virtualization and management.
H3C Solutions for Intel®Select Solution for NFVI
Systems for the Future-Forward, Agile Data Center
H3C has chosen to partner with Intel to verify its UniServer R4900 G3 as an Intel®Select Solution for NFVI, which lets users benefit from workload-optimized performance and also Intel’ experience in the NFV market.
H3C Solutions for vSAN ReadyNode™
Automation and customized configurations
vSAN ReadyNode™ is jointly recommended by VMware and H3C on the tested and certified UniServer R4900 G3 for vSAN deployment.